From $322.50 per night
Full breakfast provisions daily, plus complimentary port and chocolates.
A dinner-sized gourmet local produce hamper for two for you to enjoy in the comfort of your own cottage.
As well as a bottle of our fabulous local sparkling wine from Buxton Ridge Winery.
Extra nights: $265 per night
Please note long weekend minimum stay is 3 nights
and Easter weekend is 4 nights
Returning guests – please note that when booking online the Rose Cottage or Fern Cottage will be automatically allocated based on availability. If you have a preference for a specific cottage and it has not been allocated to you (visible in cart), then please contact us directly using the booking form
Celebrate in style with two nights in your cosy cottage for two, including full breakfast provisions daily, port and chocolates, plus a dinner-sized gourmet local produce hamper for two to enjoy in the comfort of your own cottage, as well as a bottle of our fabulous local sparkling wine from Buxton Ridge Winery.
All this for just $645.
- Check-in time 3:00 pm
- Check-out time 11:00 am
Terms and Conditions
South Cathedral Farm accommodation is in stand-alone private dwellings for the purpose of guest accommodation. Prices are per night for the exclusive use of the single one bedroom cottage accommodation as a whole. Each cottage can accommodate a maximum of two adults only.
There is a two-night minimum booking, with three-night minimums for long weekends, and a four-night minimum at Easter. Payment in full is required to confirm a booking. Arrival times are after 3.00 pm and departure times prior to 11.00 am (late check-out may be possible if no other guests arriving that day).
Cancellations prior to 30 days of arrival will be refunded minus a 10% administration fee. Cancellations less than 30 days from arrival will only be refunded (minus a 10% administration fee) if another booking is taken. We reserve the right to cancel a booking at any stage due to unforseen circumstances.
We want to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible, and we assure you that we will be working hard to do this. You will appreciate that to do this, and to also maintain the standard of the property for you and for future guests, we have to have some guidelines. These are based upon accepted industry practice, and normal careful use of the property to avoid damage. These guidelines are as follows:
- Guests must read the information compendium upon arrival to familiarise themselves with the accommodation and any health and safety matters.
- Guests are responsible for the security of their belongings and should ensure their accommodation is secure when not occupied.
- Upon vacating the premises, please make sure all heating/cooling, appliances, lights and taps are turned off, and that all doors and windows are closed.
- No smoking is allowed inside the accommodation. Due to fire risk smoking is only allowed on the patio areas immediately outside the accommodation, and is not permitted on other parts of the property.
- Pets are welcome, but must be kept under control at all times (on lead if necessary).
- You are responsible for the actions and wellbeing of your pets, and any injuries that may occur to them, including as a result of interaction with the native fauna.
- Pets are not permitted on the furniture or on the bed.
- Dogs must not be left at South Cathedral Farm unattended.
- Surcharges apply for additional items such wine, dinner, massages, tour bookings, etc, as required or arranged on your behalf. Any such additional charges shall be charged to your credit card, details of which are to be provided on arrival.
- Guests will be held responsible for any breakages, damages and losses incurred during their stay.
- Surcharges apply for redressing any such losses and for any excessive cleaning required.
- Any items requiring repair/replacement will be charged at repair/replacement cost.
- Such costs will be deducted from the credit card provided. In the event that credit card details have not been provided, the guest will be invoiced, and payment will be due 14 days after the invoice date. Should the guest fail to pay by the due date, a Debt Collector will be employed, at the guest's cost, to recover the amount due. Failure to pay will incur a late payment fee of 5% (compounding) until the debt is recovered.